Egg Bhurji is a quick to make egg scramble in Indian style. It is usually a side dish served along with rice, and some curry.
- Egg bhurji
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4 people||5 minutes||10 minutes|
- 4 eggs whisked
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 3 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp mustard seeds whole
- 1 tsp cumin seeds whole
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 twig curry leaves raw
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- Beat the eggs using a whisk along with turmeric powder, chili powder, and salt. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, and curry leaves. Temper it until mustard seeds start sputtering.
- Add onion. Stir fry until it turns light golden in color.
- Add the whisked egg mix while constantly scrambling the content until the egg mix turn solid.
- Enjoy it hot!
You can garnish the egg bhurji with coriander leaves. Indian Egg scramble can be had with bread or toasted bread.