You can make a yummy Pesto Swiss and Tomato Panini right at home, and in this recipe even the pesto is home made, healthier and lighter. Needless to say you need a panini or a sandwich press to enjoy this delicious recipe.
Serving size: 4 paninis | Cooking time: 30 min | Cuisine: Italian
- Pine nuts – 3 tbsps
- Crushed dried basil – 3 tsps
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Green chili – 4 small
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsps
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 thinly sliced
- Sandwich bread – 8
- Swiss cheese – 4 slices
Stage I: Pesto preparation
Add the pine nuts, dried basil, green chili, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and salt in a hand blender/grinder and make a paste. I recommend not to over grind the mixture, just make it a little coarser.
Stage II: Panini press
- Spread the prepared Pesto over a slice o bread and place 4 slices of tomatoes over it. Don’t overlay tomatoes over each other.
- Layer a slice of Swiss cheese over the tomatoes.
- Cover it up with another slice of bread.
- Place it on a Panini press for 4 minutes. The time may differ depending on the wattage of panini/sandwich press. I have a 1400W press.
- That’s it. Your delicious home made Pesto Swiss and Tomato Panini is ready to serve!