Onion chili chutney is a nice hot side dish for having with Chapati, Dosa, and Idli. It also serves as a salsa for tortilla.
Serving size: 4 | Cooking time: 20 min | Cuisine: Indian
- Onion – 1 large cut into pieces for mixer grinder
- Dry red chilies – 10
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves – one handful
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Add Onion, Coriander leaves, Garlic cloves, and red chilies into a mixer grinder and grind it until it turns into a coarse paste.
- Add two table spoons of oil in a small skillet and add mustard seeds in it.
- Heat until the mustard seeds start popping.
- Add the paste from the mixer grinder into the skillet. Let it be on a low flame.
- Add salt as desired and stir the mixture well.
- Cook it for 3 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Serve it hot alongside Chapati, Dosa, Idli or as a salsa for tortilla!