The Onion Bell Pepper (Capsicum) Panini is a great light evening snack that’s very tastier and easy to make due to less number of ingredients required to make it.
- Chopped Onion - 1.5 Cups
- Chopped Green Bell Pepper / Capsicum - 1.5 Cups
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera- 1 tsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves finely chopped
- Green Chilies – 4
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Swiss Cheese – 4 slices
- Sandwich Bread – 8 slices
- Salt to taste
- In a low flame, heat two table spoon of oil in a skillet and add cumin seeds into it.
- After a minute, add chopped green chilies and chopped garlic to it, and let it heat for another minute or so.
- Then add chopped Onions and heat it until the onions turn semi transparent.
- Now add the chopped Bell Peppers along with required amount of salt (usually 1.5 tsp) and heat it on low flame for another 15 minutes or until the Bell peppers are cooked properly.
- Turn off the stove.
- Transfer the required amount of the above cooked mix on to a slice of bread and overlay a slice of Swiss Cheese over the veg mix.
- Cover it with one more slice of bread and press it in a Panini or Sandwich maker.
- If needed, serve it with a hot sauce such as Buffalo Hot sauce.