Serving size: 4 | Total time: 30min | Cusine: Indian
- 2 cups white Basmati Rice
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 twig curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 4 green chilies, slit lengthwise
- salt to taste
- cilantro, finely chopped for garnish
- Cook the rice, and keep it aside
- On a medium heat, add oil in a skillet.
- Add cumin seeds, peanuts, and green chilies. Temper it for a couple of minutes.
- Add onion and curry leaves. Saute it until onion turns light golden in color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, and salt to taste.
- Add carrot, and green peas. Saute it on medium for about 10 minutes.
- Add chili powder, and cumin powder. Mix it well. Saute it for 4 minutes.
- Add cooked rice. Mix it well.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish it with finely chopped cilantro, and enjoy it hot!