Mango Rice, called as Mamidikaya annam in south India uses raw mango along with white rice. Grated raw mango in this recipe gives a great tangy taste to your taste buds, and easily should go into your list of favorites.
Serving size: 4 | Total time: 30 min | Cusine: Indian
- 1 cup raw mango, skin pealed, and grated
- 2 cups Basmati White Rice
- 2 tsps black gram, split
- 1 tbsp split Chickpeas (Bengal Gram)
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 4 green chilies, slit lengthwise
- 3 dried red chilies, each cut into 2 pieces
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- Hing (Asafoetida)
- Peal the skin of the mango using a peeler, and then grate it. Keep it aside.
- Cook the rice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add peanuts, chick peas, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, red chilies, black gram, cu. Heat until the mustard seeds sputters.
- Add some Hing (Asafoetida), and turmeric powder.
- Add grated mango, and ginger-garlic paste. Saute it until nice aroma of the garlic is released.
- Add cooked rice, and mix it well for 3 minutes.
- Enjoy it hot!