Spring Onion Rice is usually served alongside a curry such as Chicken Korma. It is too simple to make, and also a nice alternative to a simple rice. The specialty Scallion flavor to the rice is simply great.
Serving size: 2 | Total time: 30 min | Cuisine: Indian
- 1 cup Rice [white long grain Basmati Rice preferred]
- 2 cups spring onions (scallions), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, grounded
- Salt to taste
- Cook the rice, and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet on a medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and garlic. Saute it for couple of minutes.
- Add chopped spring onions, saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add pepper, and salt to taste.
- Turn off the stove.
- Add the cooked white Rice. Mix it well.
- Serve it hot alongside Chicken Korma or with any other favorite curry.