Ever got bored with the tomato based Pasta, and desire have a little dry and delicious pasta? Give a try to the Bell pepper pasta. This pasta recipe uses macaroni pasta made of multigrains, and only small amount of cheese. So now you have a pasta which is yummy and healthier too!
Serving size: 2 | Total time: 30 min | Cuisine: Italian
- Multigrain macaroni pasta – 1 cup (I used Barilla plus Elbows multigrain pasta)
- Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) – 2 (sliced long pieces)
- Sliced Almonds – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Italian seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Oil – 2 tablespoons (Extra virgin olive oil preferred)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cook macaroni pasta according to the package directions. Drain it.
- In a small bowl add Honey, Lemon juice, and Italian seasoning. Mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add cumin seeds. Wait until it starts sputtering.
- Add Bell peppers, and saute it on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sliced Almonds. Roast it well.
- Add the cooked macaroni pasta, seasoning mix, and salt to taste. Saute it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the stove.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella over the pasta, and mix it nicely.
- Serve it hot!