Ragi Mudde is a delicious south Indian recipe that is believed to be originated from state of Karnataka. The Finger millet balls (Ragi Mudde) is a very healthy full-filling meal served along with sambaar or Massoppu.
Serving size : 4 | Cooking time: 30 minutes | Cuisine: Indian
- Ragi (finger millet) flour – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Boil water in a sauce pan and add salt to it.
- Add 1 tsp of Ragi (finger millet) flour and mix it well. Let it boil for 1 minute. This step is needed to avoid formation of lumps when the ragi flour is added.
- Now add the remaining Ragi flour by using one hand while constantly stirring with other hand. Make sure not to give chance for formation of lumps.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes semi solid so that you can form balls.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Use your hand to form Ragi balls. You can use some oil to avoid flour sticking to your hand.
- Serve it with Sambhar or Masoopu.